The Klondike Institute of Art and Culture (KIAC) is an active centre of cultural, social, and artistic energy located in Dawson City, Yukon, Canada. KIAC presents an ambitious schedule of courses, presentations, festivals, and exhibitions that follow programming priorities determined by a volunteer Board of Directors in consultation with KIAC staff.
Read our 2019 Annual Report
Read our 2015 Annual Report
Read our 2014 Annual Report
Read our 2013 Annual Report
1. KIAC will develop and provide high quality arts education programming in these areas:
a. courses for community members and visitors to Dawson.
b. outreach educational projects throughout the Yukon.
c. applied arts training.
d. youth programs for a range of ages.
2. KIAC will support artists and art creation in the following manner:
a. provide facilities and equipment.
b. sustain and develop the Yukon Riverside Arts Festival.
c. support the development of the Confluence Members’ Gallery.
d. play a role in territorial and national arts advocacy.
3. KIAC will support and/or partner with other local and regional organizations in order to present performing arts year-round, including theatre, dance, comedy, and music.
4. KIAC will support creation and presentation of film, video and media arts in the following manner:
a. develop the annual Dawson City International Short Film Festival (DCISFF) and its associated programming.
b. enable independent film and video production by offering appropriate programming and training and by making equipment available.
5. The ODD Gallery will exhibit and present international, national and regional artists, including curated and co-curated exhibitions, and will develop diverse outreach activities to engage public interest.
6. KIAC will attract international, national and regional artists to an artist residency and facilitate associated outreach programming.
7. KIAC will maintain a supportive relationship/partnership with the Yukon School of Visual Arts (SOVA).
8. KIAC will share resources and foster partnerships with other local and regional governments and non-government organizations to further our vision.
9. KIAC will develop programs that support cultural awareness and build stronger connections between community groups.
10. KIAC will develop programs that promote immersive experiences and build public engagement such as the Yukon Riverside Arts Festival, the Print and Publishing Festival and the Dawson City International Short Film Festival.