Are you interested in a challenging and rewarding leadership position with a well-established, internationally recognized, successful arts organization in a unique northern community?
The Dawson City Arts Society (DCAS) is a non-profit, registered charity with a mandate to promote the arts in Yukon. The society employs five year-round and several seasonal staff to operate the Klondike Institute of Art and Culture (KIAC) as a centre for development and implementation of diverse arts education, creation and presentation programming with local, regional and international outreach. Visit www.kiac.ca for more information.
We are seeking a skilled, self-motivated individual who is able to work cooperatively and productively in a dynamic arts and cultural environment. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is responsible for all aspects of KIAC operations.
- Staff supervision & related HR
- Budget preparation & financial administration
- Proposal writing and related reporting
- Formal and informal reporting to/from staff, board and committees
- Facility and project management
- Proven leadership and management experience
- Supervisory, business & financial administration experience, preferably in arts and/or non-profit sector
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Arts background and interest
Duration: Full time, year round
Wage range: 53k – 64k plus benefits, commensurate with qualifications
Anticipated start date: January 2, 2019
For detailed Job Description: KIAC Executive Director Job Description
Applications with cover letter and resume can be submitted in person at the KIAC office, by email to email@example.com or by mail KIAC, Box 8000, Dawson City, Yukon, Y0B 1G0.
Attention: Executive Director and Recruitment Committee
Deadline for receipt of applications: Friday, September 14, 2018 at 4:30 pm