Hours: 37.5 hours/week
Location: KIAC Office, Dawson City, Yukon
Reporting Responsibilities: Reports directly to the Executive Director
Starting Date: September 3rd, 2019
The KIAC Office Administrator reports directly to the Executive Director and works closely with all programs staff and the bookkeeping on a diversity of administrative tasks and community based programming. As Office Administrator, the employee ensures the day-to-day operations of the Klondike Institute of Art & Culture, undertaking a broad range of front of house administration, financial administration, facility administration, promotional administration, sponsorship/fundraising administration and project coordination. The Office Administrator will also have the opportunity to take the lead on special projects that occur throughout the year, giving the employee the chance to suggest and implement new initiatives, programs and events within the fabric of current programming.
- Excellent organizational skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Excellent time management with the ability to work independently as well as cooperatively, in dynamic, multi-task environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the desire to learn through feedback and self-initiative.
- Strong verbal and written communication ability.
- Ability to develop knowledge, skills and attitudes that lead to behaviour and communication that are both effective and appropriate in intercultural interactions and collaborations.
- Demonstrated office administration experience.
- Good understanding and experience using basic bookkeeping and financial administration standards and procedures.
- Computer literacy for word-processing, spreadsheets, and basic website maintenance (wordpress).
- Good general knowledge and experience with office administrative systems and equipment including basic set up and maintenance for computer hardware and software, fax, printers, scanner, photocopier, digital cameras, a/v equipment, etc.
- Arts and/or culture related education or experience, and interest and experience working in a community-based not-for-profit environment.
- Experience organizing events and/or community programming.
- Knowledge of and experience with Adobe Suite software and social media platforms.
- Knowledge of Dawson City, Klondike and Yukon history and awareness of local and regional community agencies and current events and activities, especially related to arts and culture and not-for-profit organizations.
- Knowledge of Klondike Institute of Arts and Culture (KIAC) operations and programming goals.
A full job description is available here: Office Administrator
KIAC is a non-profit, volunteer based organization with a mandate to promote the arts. The society employs administrative, programming and management staff to operate a centre for development and delivery of arts and culture related programming. The challenging and rewarding nature of the work requires individuals who are passionate, innovative, dedicated, and looking to work in a dynamic arts and cultural environment. We are lucky to have a great team, supportive board and amazing volunteers.
All interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Our hiring practices give priority to candidates who self-identify as being part of groups which are underrepresented or have additional barriers to the labour market, such as: new Canadians, indigenous Canadians, women, lgbtq2s+ persons, persons with disabilities, and self-identified minorities.
Closing Date for Applications: Midnight, Thursday August 22, 2019
Send Cover Letter and Resume to: Marie-Claire Findlay-Brook at firstname.lastname@example.org
OR drop them off in person at KIAC. All applicants will receive a confirmation email indicating receipt of application, if you do not hear anything by August 26th, please contact our office at 867.993.5005.
Each year, we offer workshops in a variety of different mediums and skill levels, from beginner to working professional, ranging from afternoon classes to multi-day intensives. Examples of past workshops: Intro to Screen Printing, Mosaic Birdhouses, Tap Dancing for Adults, Kids Dance, Watercolour Painting, Stained Glass, Soundscape Composition, Ceramics, and much more!
Workshop Instructor wages are $25-$30/hr depending on experience.
Interested in hosting a workshop? Click here for more information!
KIAC is always on the search for live models of any and all body types and experience levels. We call on models at various times throughout the year for different events and drop-ins. Want to know more? Please contact us at email@example.com or give us a call at 867-993-5005.