In light of the increasing number of cases in the territory, and at the direction of public health recommendations, KIAC is taking the following measures to ensure the safety of staff and community until further notice. We have postponed all July events, including the Problematic Orchestra and the Dawson Artist Market. In addition:
- KIAC is closed to the public with the exceptions of: people participating in programs and visitors to the ODD Gallery. We request that all inquiries, registrations, and program payments be completed via no-contact methods (phone/email) if possible.
- The front doors will be locked during regular hours (Monday-Friday, 9-5) and all visitors must ring the doorbell for access.
- All visitors must adhere to the guidelines posted at entries, including wearing a mask, maintaining a 6 foot distance with others not in your bubble; and signing the contact tracing sheet upon entry.
- All KIAC events and programs will be limited to 10 people indoors, and 20 people outdoors, with safe six + seven guidelines in effect.
- All venue rental requests are on hold until further notice.
- Artists Market Vendors who have signed up for the market should check their emails, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call Lily at 993-5005 for more information on the Artist Market.
Weekly programming & classes such as: music lessons, Musical Theatre kids camp, and pottery drop-in will continue as planned with the following guidelines:
- Please sign in using the sheet provided at KIAC entrances.
- Masks are required for all programming at all times, unless otherwise instructed by the program leader (i.e. during snack time or during physical fitness activities outlined in YG guidelines).
- Participants are encouraged to bring a full water bottle to all programs.
- Class sizes continue to be very limited to allow safe distancing and programs will require registration unless otherwise noted, such as Pottery Drop-In.
- Participants are asked to not linger/mingle at the facility following their program, and reminded to follow Safe 6 +1 guidelines while in the facility.
For children’s programming:
- Parents/guardians must sign THEIR name (not their child’s) when entering the facility, even briefly.
- In order to limit traffic in the stairwell, please consider seeing your child off in the lobby downstairs or outside on the front steps instead of coming up to the ballroom. Similarly, please try to wait outside if possible when picking up a child after a program.
- Refunds will not be made for missed classes. However, If a class or program is cancelled due to instructor unavailability, participants will be refunded if a “make up class” cannot be scheduled.
We will continue to follow the recommendations of the Chief Medical Officer and adapt our operation plan accordingly. Questions and inquiries can be directed to Lana Welchman, Executive Director at 993-5005.
Thank you / Mähsi Cho! Let’s keep our community safe, Dawson!