On Nov 24, Premier Silver and Dr. Hanley provided an update regarding rising cases of COVID-19 in Yukon. Though Dr. Hanley confirmed that there is no increased concern about the circulation of COVID-19 in the community and that organized events with proper protocols may proceed, we have decided to postpone all December concerts out of an abundance of care and concern for our community, staff and performers.
The spirit of the Winter Concert Series is to provide Dawsonites with a culturally rich, live music experience whenever it is safe to do so. While we were eagerly looking forward to hosting these amazing Yukon musicians and providing Dawsonites with a much-needed opportunity to experience live music, we were prepared for this. We will reschedule all December concerts at a later time.
We continue to monitor the situation closely, and at this time, all January, February and March shows are still scheduled. This cancellation is for December concerts only.
If you have already purchased a ticket, you will be refunded as soon as possible.Thank you for your understanding and support!
The Klondike Institute of Art & Culture and the Dawson City Music Festival Association are thrilled to present live music at the KIAC Ballroom – dënäkär zho all winter! Musicians from throughout the Yukon will share their work in a concert series, with each concert showcasing two artists for two nights.
We are committed to providing a safe concert-going experience, so please note the following:
• All concerts are all-ages.
• Each concert will have very limited capacity with physical distancing in place.
• We are offering advanced tickets only. You may purchase tickets in clusters of up to four (4) people to be seated together.
• All concert-goers will be required to wear a mask. If you do not own a mask, disposable ones will be available.
• All concert-goers must be seated upon entrance and remain seated throughout each set (except for bathroom breaks). There will be a 10-minute set changeover, but audience members cannot mingle in the venue.
• Artists will be performing live off the floor rather than on stage to ensure proper spacing when needed.
• Thursday night shows will be broadcast live on CFYT 106.9fm and cfyt.ca from 8:00 pm – 9:30 pm for those who cannot attend.
• If you feel sick at all, please contact KIAC for a refund and stay home.
• We are following the public health situation closely, and we are prepared to cancel, postpone, or alter all shows if needed.
Tickets are $20 in advance, $10 for SOVA students and youth under 18. Please email email@example.com or contact 993-5005 if cost is a barrier for pay-what-you-can tickets. Doors open: 7:00 pm, First set: 8:00 pm, Second set: 8:50 pm. Tickets for all shows are on sale HERE
Lineup and Dates:
November 19 and 20
Stockstill and Rose
Dec 3 and 4
Sour Do Re Mi
Dec 17 and 18
Northern Underground Expressions (N.U.E.)
Jan 7 and 8
Harmonica George and Annie Avery
Jan 21 and 22
To be Announced
Feb 4 and 5
Feb 18 and 19
March 4 and 5
Jared Klok and the Second Hands