We are seeking adults from Whitehorse and Dawson to chaperone the 2019 Program.
- Experience working with and supervising youth
- Enthusiasm for the arts
- Up to date criminal record check (or willingness to obtain one)
- Must be Yukon-based.
General Chaperone Duties
- You will ensure participants attend their assigned workshop from 9am-4pm every day of the program March 11-14, 2019.
- You will ensure that they are engaged in the course material and respect their instructors.
- You will help foster a positive, supportive environment during class hours.
- You will attend to any student needs or concerns throughout the program.
Chaperones from Whitehorse
You will be responsible for 10-12 youth, ages 14-18, throughout the duration of the program, including travel days before and after (to/from Whitehorse via chartered bus).
You will be responsible for ensuring student participation and engagement in the daily workshops (9 AM – 4 PM)
You will be responsible for supervision and during evening activities and during meal times.
You will be responsible for ensuring student supervision, safety, and comfort overnight at the hotel where participants (and yourself) will be staying.
Whitehorse chaperones duties begin when the bus leaves Whitehorse, and ends when it returns, though there is ample free time scheduled during the program.
Chaperones from Dawson
You will be responsible for 10-12 youth, ages 14-18, throughout the duration of the program, which is 9 AM – 4PM, Monday March 11 to Thursday March 14.
You will be taking attendance, ensuring participants are engaged and respectful, and assisting workshop leaders when needed.
Payment and Perks
Dawson chaperones will receive an honorarium of $120/day for a duration of 5 days.
Whitehorse chaperones will receive an honorarium of 180$/day for a duration of 6 days, and will be hosted at the Downtown Hotel.
Meals are provided to all chaperones.
How to apply
Applications must be submitted by February 15th 4:30pm.
- Fill in online Chaperone application form below.
- Successful applicants will be notified and provided with additional paperwork by February 20th.
- Chaperones must provide or obtain an up-to-date criminal record check at this point.