-Experience working with and supervising youth
-Appreciation of the arts
-Up to date criminal record check (or willingness to obtain one)
-Current first aid training
-Must be either Dawson-based OR able to meet bus in Whitehorse
How to apply
- Fill in online Chaperone application form.
- Successful applicants will be notified and provided with additional paperwork by Feb 23rd.
Applications must be submitted by Friday, Feb 16th at 4:30pm.
If you are selected as a Chaperone
If you’re approved as a chaperone, you will need to obtain an up-to-date criminal record check. This can take up to 6 weeks, so we suggest starting the process as soon as possible.
Your responsibilities during the program
As one of 4 chaperones, you will be responsible for up to 8 youth, ages 14-18, throughout the duration of the program (March 19-22, with travel days from Whitehorse being March 18 and 23).
General Chaperone responsibilities include ensuring:
- Participants coming from Whitehorse make it on the bus, going to and from Dawson (travel dates are March 18 and 23)
- Participants attend all meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
- Participants attend their chosen workshop
- Everyone participates in evening activities
- Participants makes it back to the hotel for curfew
- A positive, supportive environment is maintained throughout the duration of the program
Payment and Perks
Chaperones will receive $180/day for a duration of 5 days for Dawson-based chaperones or 6 days for those attending from out of town.
Transportation, meals and accommodation are provided.
Chaperones will have the opportunity to participate in one of the following workshops:
-DIY Printmaking and Screenprinting with Rian Lougheed- Smith
-Collage and Mixed Media with Meshell Melvin
-Stop Motion Filmmaking with Angela Edmunds