- This event has passed.
Winter Concerts Series: Cud Eastbound + Erica Mah
February 4 @ 8:00 pm - 9:30 pm
One event on February 5, 2021 at 8:00 pm
The Klondike Institute of Art & Culture and the Dawson City Music Festival Association are thrilled to present live music at the KIAC Ballroom – dënäkär zho all winter! Musicians from throughout the Yukon will share their work in a concert series, with each concert showcasing two artists for two nights.
Cud Eastbound is a Rogue Folk singer/songwriter from Dawson City, Yukon. An Outsider musician, Cud Eastbound’s songs are best described as imparting a sense of optimism despite adversity. The rawness of their lyricism and vocal style overtop their well-crafted guitar and banjo-driven melodies will bring you to your greatest feelings of loss before reminding you that you still have the opportunity to grow, learn and change.
Erica Mah is a multi-instrumental singer-songwriter whose projects have a sharp lyrical focus. Born and raised in Smithers, British Columbia, her songwriting uniquely reflects a quiet, Northern upbringing. She recently released her third full-length album, Landlocked, an acoustic folk album rich with stories and imagery from her life in the Yukon. She is currently working on a project that incorporates the guzheng, a traditional Chinese zither, to write western folk songs about transoceanic journeys.
We are committed to providing a safe concert-going experience, so please note the following:
• All concerts are all-ages.
• Each concert will have very limited capacity with physical distancing in place.
• We are offering advanced tickets only. You may purchase tickets in clusters of up to four (4) people to be seated together.
• All concert-goers will be required to wear a mask. If you do not own a mask, disposable ones will be available.
• All concert-goers must be seated upon entrance and remain seated throughout each set (except for bathroom breaks). There will be a 10-minute set changeover, but audience members cannot mingle in the venue.
• Artists will be performing live off the floor rather than on stage to ensure proper spacing when needed.
• Thursday night shows will be broadcast live on CFYT 106.9fm and cfyt.ca from 8:00 pm – 9:30 pm for those who cannot attend.
• If you feel sick at all, please contact KIAC for a refund and stay home.
• We are following the public health situation closely, and we are prepared to cancel, postpone, or alter all shows if needed.