- This event has passed.
Winter Concert Series: Joey O’Neil & Gordie Tentrees LIVE
February 18 @ 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Great News! The Winter Concert Series, co-presented by the Dawson City Music Festival Association and Klondike Institute of Art & Culture is back.
Joey O’Neil & Gordie Tentrees
Two Shows: Feb 18 & Feb 19
From Joey’s Klondike cabin wafts reflective folk-country Canadiana and wood smoke.
Though much of her time is spent cutting kindling and hauling water around her off-grid Yukon home, she released her sophomore L.P., Ever Ahead, on April 10th. Produced by pedal-steel legend Aaron Goldstein and recorded at Toronto’s Baldwin Street Sound, it’s an undeniably classic road-trip album that Exclaim! deems is made up of “postcard-like, twanged-out folk tracks” and Canadian Beats dubs “an audiobook narrated behind bluesy, western melodies.”
Gordie Tentrees is an international award-nominated touring artist who will soon release a new record themed around Indigenization, reconciliation, love, loss and redemption. From Celtic Connections (Glasgow, UK) to National Folk Festival (Canberra, A.U.), his ability to hold an audience and weave melody while juggling light and dark is infectious. Performing with five instruments, Gordie has toured with Fred Eaglesmith, Mary Gauthier & Kelly Joe Phelps, and is a three-time winner of the Western Canadian Music Awards Songwriter of the Year.
Tickets on sale
Strict Covid safety protocols are still being observed. Please buy tickets in advance and be aware of the following:
– Capacity is extremely limited, seating is “cabaret style” with physical distancing in place. You may purchase a cluster of up to 5 tickets to be seated with members of your social bubble.
• All concert-goers will be required to wear a mask. If you do not own a mask, disposable ones will be available.
• All concert-goers must be seated upon entrance and remain seated throughout each set (except for bathroom breaks). There will be a 10-minute set changeover, but audience members cannot mingle in the venue.
• If you feel sick at all, please contact KIAC for a refund and stay home.
• We are following the public health situation closely, and we are prepared to cancel, postpone, or alter all shows if needed.