April 1st, 2020
Re: KIAC’s Response to COVID-19
The Klondike Institute of Art & Culture plays an important role not only as a pillar of the Yukon arts and culture sector, but also as a community gathering place. Such a responsibility necessitates that we prioritize protecting and supporting our visitors, staff, volunteers and greater community. Due to the evolving nature of the COVID-19 pandemic and as per the continued recommendations of the Yukon Chief Medical Officer of Health, KIAC will support the health and wellness of our community in the following ways:
Effective 5:00pm Tuesday March 17th
- All current KIAC programs/presentations are suspended until further notice;
- All future programming/presentations are subject to review (see below list for upcoming special events);
- KIAC building will be closed to the public until further notice.
- Youth Art Enrichment 2020: cancelled
- Dawson City International Film Festival: postponed until Fall 2020
- Print & Publishing Festival: postponed until late Summer
- KIAC will maintain email and phone communication, until further notice
- We will issue refunds for any event or program tickets already purchased for canceled programs
- We will be in touch with artists and partners impacted by programming decisions
- KIAC staff will explore alternative (e.g. online) opportunities for programming, presentations and resources
Please keep in touch! We miss you and we hope to see you all soon!
KIAC staff are hard at work developing new ways we can support our community’s efforts in rebuilding and reconnecting. Please contact our programmers if you have any ideas for arts and culture projects, services or supports that you would like to see take off in our community in the next few months. With your inspiration, and our dedication, we can keep building Dawson’s world famous community spirit and arts & culture economy.
- General Inquiries – email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Programs Managers – email@example.com
- Performing Arts Producer – firstname.lastname@example.org
- ODD Gallery Director – email@example.com
- Film Festival Producer – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Artist Residency Coordinator – email@example.com
We will continue to post KIAC status updates via our website, newsletter and social media channels, as we take any additional or adapted actions needed to protect the health and safety of our community.
For more information regarding our response to this unprecedented and evolving situation, please contact KIAC Executive Director, Marie-Claire Findlay-Brook, at 867-993-5005 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank-you for your support and patience. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us via email or phone, we would be happy to hear from you. Phone lines will be open Monday to Friday, 11am to 5pm.
See you soon,
The KIAC Team