Wool Parka Making Blitz
with Debbie Winston
Make a wool parka in a weekend (and a bit)! Designer Debbie Winston will guide participants in making a one-of-a-kind lined wool parka.
Dates/ times: Dec 1st– 4th, 2017
- Friday, Dec 1st: 6pm-9pm
- Saturday, Dec 2nd: 10am-5pm (1 hr lunch break)
- Sunday, Dec 3rd : 10am-5pm (1 hr lunch break)
- Monday, Dec 4th : 6pm-9pm
Location: KIAC Classroom
$108 for KIAC Members
$120 for Non-Members
Age/level: Adult. Participants should have previous sewing experience.
Participants are required to source their own sewing machine and supplies.
- Sewing machine
- 90/14 size needles (at least) – available for purchase from instructor
- Thread – also available for purchase from instructor
- Fabric Scissors
- Pins and/or weights
- Measuring tape
- Zipper – also available for purchase from instructor
- Wool Fabric (or old wool blanket) – 60 inches (150cm) wide, and at least 118 inches (3 metres) in length.
- Inner lining Fabric (kasha lining, windproof lining, rayon, poly, anything smooth- not flannel)
- *If you would also like to bring fabric to make a shell (gore-tex, etc), there will be time to measure and cut the material, but not to sew it.
If you have any questions about supplies, contact Debbie: email@example.com
*Payment required to reserve a spot. Register at KIAC or call 993-5005, Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm