Are you an energetic, organized, people person who is passionate about supporting the success of a cultural and artistic hub in the Yukon? The Klondike Institute of Arts and Culture is seeking its next Office Administrator.
Position Title: Office Administrator
Duration: permanent, with 6-month probationary period
Hours: 37.5 hours/week
Wage (hourly): $21.00
Starting Date: as soon as possible
Closing Date: 4:30 pm, Thursday May 6th, 2021
Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the Office Administrator is the first point of public contact who works closely with all staff to ensure smooth and effective operations of the organization. As Office Administrator, the employee ensures the day-to-day operations, undertaking a broad range of front of house administration, financial administration, facility administration, promotional administration, sponsorship/fundraising administration and coordination.
If this position interests you, please submit a cover letter and resume clearly demonstrating the qualifications below:
- Office administration experience with the ability to develop and maintain effective processes and procedures.
- Exceptional organizational skills with a strong attention to detail and documentation
- Excellent time management with the ability to work independently as well as cooperatively
- Ability to troubleshoot, problem solve.
- Strong communication skills
- Willingness to continually develop Intercultural Competence, building knowledge, skills and communication that are effective and appropriate for interactions and collaborations.
- Understanding and experience using basic bookkeeping and financial administration standards and procedures, or a willingness to learn.
- Computer literacy in both Mac and PC in word-processing, spreadsheets, and a willingness to expand these skills
- Arts and/or culture related education or experience, and interest and experience working in a community-based not-for-profit environment.
- Experience administering events and/or community programming.
- Experience with Adobe Suite software,social media platforms and schedulers, Mailchimp, and WordPress.
- Knowledge of Dawson City, Klondike and Yukon history and awareness of local and regional community agencies and current events and activities, especially related to arts and culture and not-for-profit organizations.
- Knowledge of Klondike Institute of Arts and Culture (KIAC) operations and programming goals.
To apply for this position, email or drop-off cover letter and resume to:
Lana Welchman, Executive Director
Klondike Institute of Art and Culture
902 2nd Avenue Dawson City, YT