Youth Art Enrichment
March 22 - March 27
Dates: Sunday, March 22 – Friday, March 27th (5 days, including 2 days of travel)
Ages: 14 -18*
Cost: $150 for all youth, except Dawson youth ($50)*
Registration Deadline: February 15th, 2020
– A Printmaker’s Primer: Handmade Prints with Meshell Melvin
– Act Your Mind: Theatre Creation & Performing Arts with Geneviève Paré
– Tell It Like It Is: Video Journalism & Documentary Filmmaking with Charlotte Morritt-Jacobs (APTN)
* Youth age 13 CAN apply if they are in grade 9 at the start of the program!
* Financial Assistance for youth to whom the cost is a barrier. Learn more
For full workshop descriptions and application information, please visit this page.
Entering it’s 19th year, Youth Art Enrichment is an annual four-day art program for Yukon youth hosted by the Klondike Institute of Art & Culture in Dawson City. Artistically-inclined youth ages 14 – 18 travel from across the Yukon to take part in intensive workshops led by professional artists. Students choose one of three mediums to study for the duration of the program, learning new skills, techniques, and ways to creatively make artwork for the world to see. The mediums change every year: we have offered printmaking, animation, painting, carving, stained glass, illustration, improv, and much more over the last two decades.
The program offers a tour of the Yukon School of Visual Arts in addition to a meet & greet evening of collage and button-making with current students and faculty. Often SOVA students are YAE alumni themselves. Evenings are filled with fun activities in the evenings such as a movie night, sledding & smores, board games and more.
The 2020 program is supported by: