- This event has passed.
Winter Concert Series: Evrytt Willow & Stockstill & Rose
November 20 @ 8:00 pm - 9:30 pm
One event on November 20, 2020 at 8:00 pm
The Klondike Institute of Art & Culture and the Dawson City Music Festival Association are thrilled to present live music at the KIAC Ballroom – dënäkär zho all winter! Musicians from throughout the Yukon will share their work in a concert series, with each concert showcasing two artists for two nights.
Stockstill & Rose are a unique and high-energy duo made up of Mike Stockstill (banjo) and Amelia Rose (fiddle and vocals). Their music combines sounds and instrumentation of old-time, bluegrass, and Eastern European Gypsy music.
The pair has performed as Stockstill & Rose for the past four years and has a history of playing together in other iconic Yukon bands such as Fishead Stew and Canyon Mountain. They both have decades of live shows under their belts and write a lot of their own material. They love to push the boundaries commonly associated with these instruments, and the fun they have doing so is infectious!
Unfeigned folk songs conjured up from the arcane past, delivered softly, producing a fervent quality reminiscent of age-old paeans and laudations from a time long forgotten. Having reverence for early field recordings, haunting tales of the unknown and a drifting life spent wandering an antiquated path, Evrytt Willow perpetually articulates the heartfelt and the mysterious in verse and song. A ghost that howls in the silent night.
We are committed to providing a safe concert-going experience, so please note the following:
• All concerts are all-ages.
• Each concert will have very limited capacity with physical distancing in place.
• We are offering advanced tickets only. You may purchase tickets in clusters of up to four (4) people to be seated together.
• All concert-goers will be required to wear a mask. If you do not own a mask, disposable ones will be available.
• All concert-goers must be seated upon entrance and remain seated throughout each set (except for bathroom breaks). There will be a 10-minute set changeover, but audience members cannot mingle in the venue.
• Artists will be performing live off the floor rather than on stage to ensure proper spacing when needed.
• Thursday night shows will be broadcast live on CFYT 106.9fm and cfyt.ca from 8:00 pm – 9:30 pm for those who cannot attend.
• If you feel sick at all, please contact KIAC for a refund and stay home.
• We are following the public health situation closely, and we are prepared to cancel, postpone, or alter all shows if needed.