KIAC is hiring Event Managers who will be responsible for overseeing front of house logistics and implementing KIAC’s health and safety policies during events.
Job Posting: Front of House Event Manager
Term: Nov 20, 2021-May 30, 2022, with possibility for extension.
Hours per week: casual.
Hourly Wage: $20/hour.
Position Purpose & Description
Reporting to the Executive Director and working closely with the programming and administration team, the Front of House Event Manager is responsible for overseeing front of house logistics and implementing KIAC’s health and safety policies during events, as well as creating a positive guest experience. The ideal candidate is a friendly, outgoing, and highly-organized problem-solver who can work cooperatively in a dynamic arts and cultural environment.
Description Of Duties:
- Discuss event logistics, volunteer, and safety plans with KIAC staff, event organizers, and volunteers
- Taking tickets, fielding questions from attendees
- Verifying vaccination records and communicating health and safety procedures to attendees
- Manage traffic flow and physical accessibility of event
- Managing volunteers and troubleshooting front of house issues
- Ensure that the Safer Spaces policy is being followed and take action if any harm or risk of harm to anyone is observed by seeking additional support and intervening appropriately
- Assisting with event set up and tear down
The candidate should demonstrate that they have some, or all, of the following:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada and over the age of 19 years;
- Must be available evenings and weekends;
- Should have prior event or hospitality experience;
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively with the public;
- Must participate in KIAC’s Safer Spaces training;
- BARS-L and Food Safe training is an asset.
To apply for this position, submit a cover letter and resume in one PDF file by Thursday, Nov 18th at 4:30pm to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off in person at the Klondike Institute of Art and Culture, 902 2nd Ave, Dawson City.