ODD Gallery Bookings
Accepting bookings from Dawson artists: now until the end of July, 2020
As a result of COVID-19 our scheduled exhibition KENOJUAK ASHEVAK: Life and Legacy has been postponed until October. In its place we invite local artists to take over the gallery space for creation, presentation and professional development.
This could be an opportunity to:
– Photo or video document your work for applications, website development, virtual exhibition etc.
– Develop larger projects, performance, choreography, writing etc.
– Mount a mini exhibition or installation to share with limited audience for feedback or dialogue.
– Other requests supporting local artists’ practice will also be considered.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “studio space” and a short description of your intended use of the space. Please include your preferred dates and duration (up to 1 week), as well as back up dates. List any equipment or support that you would like to access. Rolling Deadline
- We are not currently considering proposals for public events or gatherings but public entry in limited numbers during scheduled times may be negotiated between the Artist and Gallery.
- The Gallery may be able to provide some equipment and assistance with lighting, documentation and promotion but proposed activities should be otherwise self-sufficient and independent of KIAC staff support.
- There will be no access beyond the gallery doors (except for washrooms).
- Access to some gallery tools and hanging supplies may be negotiated in advance.
- There is a possibility of construction in the kitchen above the gallery office space during regular business hours. Evening access will also be an option.
- The Gallery must be returned to its original condition by the end of the booking.
- Covid-specific protocol will be provided and must be respected.
Contact Tara Rudnickas: email@example.com
Macaulay House Studio Residency
Accepting bookings from Dawson artists: now until the end of Sept, 2020
As a result of COVID 19, planned artist residencies have been cancelled through September and we invite local Dawson City artists to apply for use of the studio spaces at Macaulay House.
Duration of 4 weeks, 2 artists at a time.
Slots still open for August and September. Apply Now!
- Have use of one studio space at Macaulay House to create/experiment with their work.
- Use of wireless internet (any usage overage charges will be the responsibility of the artists)
- Have use of KIAC equipment/materials during that time. Subject to availability.
To Apply: please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subjuct line “Studio Residency”. Please include the following:
- Contact info
- Short Bio and/or CV
- Maximum 1 Page work/project plan.
- Preferred dates ( 4 weeks maximum)
- Support material. Maximum 15 images (jpg, 72 dpi, 1920 x 1080 pixels) (or link to website).
- Dawson City residents only.
- No use of bedroom spaces. (No overnight accommodation)
- Use of bathroom. Clean all contacted surfaces before and after each use.
- Limited use of common spaces.
- Light kitchen use (coffee, tea, snacks. No meals please). Clean all contacted surfaces before and after each use.
- Respect the social distancing rules with the other studio artist.
- No outside visitors.
Contact: Dan Sokolowski: email@example.com