- Presenting a public talk about the project during the Arts Festival (Aug 18-21, 2017);
- Willingness to liaise with local artists via studio visits, informal meetings, talks etc.;
- Being available for consultation and assistance during exhibition installations.
The curator is responsible for selecting the artists and consulting with them during production; however, the artist's plans are subject to the gallery's approval for financial, technical and/or logistical reasons. The gallery will coordinate contracts, travel, accommodations, payments and other necessary administrative details.
*We cannot accept compressed files. Do not use ftp, zip files, Dropbox, WeTransfer etc.
Some email systems zip files automatically; using recommended file sizes should prevent this from occurring.
- 10 to 20 images saved as .jpg files at 72 dpi in RGB colour mode.
- Maximum file size 1920 x 1080
- Label each image with a number and title – start the first nine images with a zero (01title.jpg, 02title.jpg…10title.jpg) to ensure they are presented in the order you wish.
Please make video and audio files available online (ie Vimeo, Youtube, soundcloud etc) and provide the url link(s) in one separate PDF. Total running time is not to exceed 10 minutes.
C. In one PDF:
1. Name and contact info, project title, proposed artists, and a proposal (no more than two pages) outlining your general concept and a brief discussion about the artists. Please note any budgetary concerns, and special installation or technical requirements.
*Artists do not need to be confirmed but should be aware of and have expressed interest in the proposal
2. CVs of curator and proposed artists (max 3 pages each)
3. Description of Documented Work
Still Images - a numbered list indicating artist, title, medium, dimensions, and date
Video/Audio/Time-based Work - a description indicating artist, title, medium, duration and date of work.
4. Writing sample
TERMS AND RESOURCES:
The Gallery applies for funding to cover the majority of expenses for the Natural & the Manufactured
project. Pending grant approval:
The ODD Gallery will pay two artists CARFAC-rated solo exhibition fees of $1,900 each, plus artist talk fees of $289 each for a presentation on or around the exhibition opening. The ODD Gallery will pay the curator a fee of $2000 (for programming, exhibition text and public talk). In addition, the Gallery will cover the production of promotion and dissemination materials such as invitations and exhibition brochures.
While the Gallery will assist as needed, the artists will be responsible for installation logistics. The gallery will also apply for funding to cover travel (one return trip within Canada for 2 artists and 1 curator), shipping (max $1000 total) and some production assistance (max $2000 total).
We provide accommodations and studio space for two artists at the Macaulay House Artists Residence for 6 weeks, as well as accommodations in Dawson for the curator for max 10 days. All work exhibited in the gallery will be insured up to a total value of $25,000 for the course of the exhibition including time in transit.
Candidates that are successful in this application are welcome to explore independent funding sources to increase activity and resources beyond those mentioned above. Letters of support will be committed to selected candidates to support this action.
Gallery facilities consist of 700 sq feet with 90 ft of running wall space at a height of 9 ft 6 inches, plywood lined walls, halogen track lighting, basic installation hardware and tools, electrical outlets placed low on the walls, 1 monitor, DVD or bluray player (subject to availability), HD projector, plinths. Artists/curator are responsible for any additional required equipment or display materials.
Offsite exhibition locations and logistics to be selected and negotiated with assistance from the gallery.
Deadline: February 1, 2017.
EMAIL complete applications to:
*Email subject line should read: yourlastname N&M submission
**All support materials should be attached to one email
MAIL complete applications to:
KIAC ODD Gallery
Dawson City, Yukon
*Mailed submissions will not be returned
Director, ODD Gallery
Klondike Institute of Art & Culture
Box 8000, Dawson City, Yukon, Y0B 1G0
(867) 993 5005